Breaking News

Woman gets minor burns from kitchen fire

SALEM – A Salem women had minor burns from a kitchen fire at her home yesterday.

The Salem Fire & EMS Department reported responding the fire Sept. 16 at 2317 Wood Gate Lane a few minutes before 5 p.m.

The woman was transported to Lewis-Gale Medical Center by Salem Fire & Emergency Medical Services to be treated for minor burns.

The Salem Fire & EMS Fire Marshal determined the fire was caused by unattended cooking, and estimated damages at less than $10,000.

Thirteen firefighters and medics from Salem Fire & EMS responded.

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Thank you for supporting local journalism. Please enjoy four free articles per month.

Subscribe | Login