Salem Times Register

Stove malfunction causes early morning fire at Mac and Bob’s

SALEM – The Salem Fire & EMS Department responded to a fire call at Mac and Bob’s restaurant on 316 East Main St. this morning at 4:03 a.m. The first units arrived within three minutes of receiving the call and found smoke in the kitchen area of the building.

Crews determined that a stove burner malfunctioned and caused a small fire that was quickly extinguished by the suppression system located inside the hood of the stove. Damage was limited to the stove area of the kitchen.

Approximately 10 personnel from the Salem Fire & EMS Department (Engine 1, Engine 2, Command 1, Tower 1, Fire Medic 1) responded to the call. The fire has been ruled accidental by the Salem Fire Marshal’s Office and there is no damage estimate at this time.

– From City of Salem

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!