Craig County celebrates Christmas
CRAIG COUNTY – From nativity scenes in the front yards of homes to Santa Claus listening to children’s wishes, Craig County and her people are celebrating Christmas.
Craig people still have the opportunity of old-fashioned Christmas traditions that many people in cities envy:
• attending worship services in a historic old church lit only by candles and lanterns;
• gathering pine, spruce and holly berries to decorate the house;
• shooting mistletoe out of trees;
• cutting a Christmas tree on family or friends’ property;
• eating turkey or venison harvested nearby;
• watching the wonder of children who see familiar houses and trees lit up for the season.
The list goes on.
Some of Craig’s youngest citizens – kindergarten and first-grade students at McCleary Elementary School – share their hopes, wants and wishes in Letters to Santa in this week’s Dec. 21 issue of The New Castle Record. Their innocence and wonder shines through.
The staff of The New Castle Record wish for you and the people special to you a Merry Christmas and a peaceful New Year.